Rice Health Advisors
Your current Duncan RHAs are:
- Jorge Quintero (Class of 2017)
- Isaac Schultz (Class of 2018)
- Kat Arneaud (Class of 2018)
- Manlin Yao (Class of 2018)
- Ricardo (Ricky) Lozoya (Class of 2019)
- Juliana Wu (Class of 2019)
Rice Health Advisors (RHAs) provide basic first aid and health supplies (bandages, pain relievers, ear plugs, condoms, etc...) to members of the college.
RHAs are also trained in several areas specific to mental, sexual and emotional health:
- They are mental health first aid trained and are trained as first responders in mental health crises (such as suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, etc..).
- They are trained to mediate conflicts, especially with roommate issues. They can help facilitate discussion between roommates to resolve issues and overcome obstacles.
- They are here to provide general advice about well-being, including relationships, dating, conflict, stress, academic pressure and other related things.
- They are bound to CONFIDENTIALITY. Anything for which a student goes to an RHA will be kept confidential, with one exception (if the person expresses thoughts about hurting themselves or others or if they describe any possible harm to themselves or others).
- They are able to discuss sexuality, including sexual activity, sexual health and sexual identity/orientation. They are well-educated about all types and forms of sexual activity and health. And they are all Ally trained and openly advocate for the well-being and advancement of the LGBT community.
- They are here to generally help students with their college experience and improve their overall well-being. They are well-versed in the resources available on campus to ensure that well-being is optimal for each student
Overall, the Duncan RHAs want to be as accessible to the Duncan community as they can. It is their job to facilitate the improvement of well-being and health both at the college and campus wide. Please don't hesitate to contact one of them with any concerns, or if you would like to utilize any of them for any of the reasons above (or anything else you think is relevant). They LOVE all of you and want you to be happy and healthy.
You can email them at email@example.com with any questions or concerns, or approach one of them whenever!
They are also available on Facebook at: